Aside from having fun, there aren't a whole lot of rules. But to ensure a safe, structured game, we ask that everyone abides by the following etiquette:
1) Safety first! That means no slap shots
2) We play 5v5 with 3 Forward lines & 2 Defense lines per team. Everyone aims for 2 minute shifts to share ice time evenly
3) We don't call penalties unless there was malicious intent; However a goal that resulted within 10seconds of a penalty will not be counted
4) We call offsides, but not icing
5) We only do face-offs after goals. If the goalie gets possesion of the puck at anytime, the offense must back off to the blue line
6) Each game will have at least a 5minute warmup followed by 27minute periods with 60sec breaks between
Equipment: Aside from having a helmet, skates & stick, the rest is completely up to you. However we would HIGHLY recommend wearing at least shin pads & pants to prevent almost certain pain.
Cancellation Policy: We understand unexpected things happen, but to ensure everyone who wants to play gets to play, we ask that if you commit to a game and something comes up, you give us at least 3 hours notice. Otherwise you will forfeit your payment or be asked to pay for the game you missed before attending another game if you didn't prepay.
©2016 - Red deer rookies